Lynx allows you to refund credit card transactions in partial or full amounts. Here's how to refund a credit card transaction, you can also print charges and receipts from this area of Lynx.
From the Lynx Main Menu. . .
2. Left-click on Accounts Receivable
3. Left-click on Credit Card Processing
4. Left-click on Credit Card Transactions
5. This will open the Credit Card Transactions window
You can use filters to help locate the transaction you're looking for. You can specify the timeline, the account number, and whether you want to see approved/denied/refunded transactions. Here's an example:
6. Select the transaction you would like to refund. If you're unsure of which transaction you have selected, look for either an arrow all the way to the left pointing at the record, or a field that is highlighted in blue. Both indicate a selected row, here is an example of both the arrow and the highlight:
7. Once you have the correct transaction selected, left-click the button.
8a. If you select "Total Refund" Lynx will refund the entire amount of the transaction.
8b. If you select "Partial Refund" a field will appear next to the button.
Type in the amount you want to refund and press the key. The amount you typed in will be refunded from this transaction.
9. When you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.