Here's how you reconcile and balance your bank account(s). The first time (only) that you view this window, the system does some internal housekeeping that may take a couple of minutes. Don't worry, however, because every time after the first time, this window will appear quickly.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on General Ledger
4. Left-click on View Bank Accounts.
5. This will display the View Bank Accounts window.
6. If the bank account you want to view is not displayed, left-click the button and/or the button until you find the bank account you're looking for.
7. Use the drop down menus to select your start and end dates for the reconciliation:
8. Enter the ending balance from your bank statement for this account:
9. Press the button to go to the Deposits/Credits window
10. Compare each item on your bank statement against the corresponding line in the grid. If it's okay, left-click the check box.
11. Press the button to go to the Checks/Deductions window
12. Compare each item on your bank statement against the corresponding line in the grid. If it's okay, left-click the check box.
13. Repeat this until you've gone through all of the items on your bank statement
14. Left-click the button to calculate your totals
15. A new balance will be calculated including the statement balance plus or minus any non-cleared items, like this:
16. The system will then calculate a balance which should match your bank statement balance like so:
17. If they don't balance, go back through each item on your statement and find the problem. Then recalculate the balance again. Keep this up until you're in balance.
18. When you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu