Here's how to generate reports about your products. The reports will be "previewed" on the screen first and can then be printed.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. On the Menu Bar, left-click on Reports or left-click the button.
2. Either way, a drop-down menu will appear.
3. Left-click on Inventory Reports.
There's also a third way to print inventory reports. On the Menu Bar, left-click on Inventory and then left-click on Inventory Reports.
4. This will display the Choose an Inventory Report window. As you left-click on each Report ID or Report Name, the description of that report will be shown in the box above.
5. Double-left-click the report you want (or left-click the report and then left-click the button).
6. This will display the Format an Inventory Report window.
7. If appropriate, select how you want your report sorted by left-clicking the down arrow and then left-clicking your selection from the drop-down list.
This message will not appear if there are no choices on how a report can be sorted.
8. If you want the report to include a selected range of a particular type of data, left-click the appropriate check box next to the data type name. Then key in the range of data to and . This is called "filtering" the data. If you don't filter the data, ALL of that data type will print.
9. Once you've made your selections, left-click the button to preview the report on your screen.
10. After your report has appeared on the Print Preview window, you can left-click the print button to print the report or left-click the button to exit.
When you first start using the system, it's a good idea to practice choosing and formatting different kinds of reports. This will help you get the "feel" for how you can format your own reports by selecting ranges of data in different combinations.