Here's how to generate reports about your service activity. The reports will be "previewed" on the screen first and can then be printed.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. On the Menu Bar, left-click on Reports or left-click the button.
2. Either way, a drop-down menu will appear.
3. Left-click on Service Reports.
There's also a third way to print service reports. On the Menu Bar, left-click on Service and then left-click on Service Reports.
4. The Choose a Service Report window will now be displayed. As you left-click on each Report ID or Report Name, the description of that report will be shown in the box above.
5. Double-left-click the report you want (or left-click the report and then left-click the button).
6. This will display the Format a Service Report window.
7. If appropriate, select how you want your report sorted by left-clicking the down arrow and then left-clicking your selection from the drop-down list.
This message will not appear if there are no choices on how a report can be sorted.
8. If you want the report to include a selected range of a particular type of data, left-click the appropriate check box next to the data type name. Then key in the range of data to and . This is called "filtering" the data. If you don't filter the data, ALL of that data type will print.
If you do NOT want a Data type filtered in the report and it is checked , left-click on it to make sure it is NOT checked . . . so it looks like this .
If a check box is NOT checked , that data will NOT be filtered to format the report.
You can have multiple Data types checked in a single report. For example, you might want a selected range of dates BUT ONLY for certain selected accounts.
9. Once you've made your selections, left-click the button to preview the report on your screen.
10. After your report has appeared on the Print Preview window, you can left-click the print button to print the report or left-click the button to exit.
When you first start using the system, it's a good idea to practice choosing and formatting different kinds of reports. This will help you get the "feel" for how you can format your own reports by selecting ranges of data in different combinations.