Here's how to add a new "service" type product to the system. A service product is one on which you DO NOT maintain a physical inventory.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
2. Left-click on Add a Product.
3. This will display the Add New Product window.
4. Left-click the radio button and then left-click the button.
5. This will display the second Add New Product window. Key in the information about the new service product as follows:
This is the name you want to call the product. Make it as meaningful a name as possible.
Left-click the down arrow and then left-click a product group that this new product will be a part of.
6. When you're done entering this information, left-click the button which will display the third Add New Product window.
Left-click the down arrow and then left-click the General Ledger sales account that will be used with this product.
7. When you're done entering this information, left-click the button which will display the fourth Add New Product window. Key in the prices that apply to this new product.
You must have at least one price for each product. However, you can also have multiple prices for the same product. For instance, you may sell wholesale propane at a different price that retail propane.
It's a good idea (but not required) to use four digit Price Codes if possible (0001 and 0002 instead of 1 and 2, for example). Price Codes are used on a number of drop-down lists in the system. Making them four digits long makes finding them easier after the list is sorted.
8. After entering the price(s) for the new product, left-click the button which will display the fifth Add New Product window which is used to enter tax information.
9. Left-click (to un-check) the taxes that do NOT apply to this new product and make sure the prices that DO apply are checked.
10. If you want to add another product at this time, left-click the button. Otherwise, left-click the button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.