If you're adding single tanks to the system, use the Add New Tanks to the System procedure. However, if you have a lot of tanks to add, this is a much faster way to do it (especially where much of the data about them is similar like the same manufacturer, same size, etc.). These tanks will automatically be assigned to account number 0 (zero) which is reserved in the system as your company's "Yard Account".
As a second step, these tanks are then added to individual accounts from the Yard Account using the Add a Tank to an Account function.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
2. Left-click on Add. Change, Delete Tanks or Equipment.
3. This will display the Add, Change, Delete Tanks or Equipment window ready to add new tanks to the system.
4. Left-click the button and this window will appear . . .
5. Left-click on the tank size, type, and disposition you are adding and then left-click the button. The one you selected will now appear in the text box along with the size and disposition.
The system will automatically assign the new tank to "Account 0". You'll notice this on the bottom right side of the screen in the Account # text box.
6. Press the key to move to the other text boxes and key in the information that is common to all of the multiple tank records you want to enter.
If the new tanks have consecutive serial number, enter the first one. The system will then create multiple new tank records with serial numbers that are consecutive beginning with this number.
7. Left-click the button and then left-click and this window will appear . . .
8. Key in the number of new tank records you want created and left-click the button. The system will now add that many new tank records with serial numbers that are consecutive beginning with the serial number you entered.
9. Key in the additional information about the first tank and then left-click button. Then left-click the button to go the the next new tank record. Key in the additional information about this tank and repeat this process until all of the multiple new tanks are entered.
10. When you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.