Rental charges are generated as a part of the Period-end Billing procedure. This is the ONLY way a Rental Charge batch can be created. If you need help on this, go to Period-end Billing: Generate Rental Charges
After the rental charges are generated, they are placed in a separate Rental Charge batch. Before you print your period-end statements, it's a good idea to check this batch to make sure the rental charges that were generated are all correct and appropriate. If they are not, use the procedure below to make CHANGES and/or DELETIONS. Make sure the batch is not posted to the General Ledger before doing this.
Note: If you want to add NEW rental charges, this is done by creating an Invoice batch and adding the rental charges to it. See Enter Invoices for help on this.
1. To make a change and/or deletion to an existing batch, start by finding the batch. This can be done in two different ways:
2. Either way, you will be at the Rental Charges window.
3. Left-click on the tab.
To DELETE a rental charge . . .
4. Left-click anywhere on the line in the grid containing the rental charge you want to delete.
5. Left-click the button.
6. To delete another rental charge, return to step 4 above.
To CHANGE a rental charge . . .
7. Left-click anywhere on the line in the grid containing the rental charge you want to change.
8. Left-click the tab. Left-click in the field you want to change and key in the change.
9. To change another rental charge, left-click the tab and then return to step 7 above.
10. When there are no more rental charges to delete or change, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.