Most of the checks you print are done through Accounts Payable. However, there may be situations where you simply want to print a single check to someone who is not a regular vendor or someone who is a one-time payee.
Here's a quick and easy way to print a check.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
2. Left-click on General Ledger.
4. From the drop-down lists, left-click a bank account against which the check will be written and then left-click the expense account to be charged:
The Quick Check Writer is designed for printing checks that require only a single bank account and a single expense account. If you have a more complex transaction (where more than two General Ledger accounts are required), use a Journal Entry with the Print Check Option.
5. Key in the amount of the check and the check number:
6. Select the person or business that the check will be made out to from the drop-down list:
If the person or business is not on the drop-down list, it can be added by left-clicking the button. See Add, Change, Delete Payees for details on how to do this.
7. Left-click the button and the check will now appear on the Print Preview window. Left-click the print button to print the check or left-click the button to exit.
8. If you printed the check, left-click the close button in the upper right-hand corner of the Quick Check Writer window and the Journal Entries window for the check you just wrote will be displayed.
9. Left-click the button to post this batch.
10. After it's been posted to the General Ledger, left-click the button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.