Lynx provides a security system that allows you to restrict access to various parts of the system. If you decide to use this feature, you need to designate someone to be your "security officer". This person will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the "security profiles" for your employees. These profiles tell the system which parts of Lynx you want to allow each user to be able to access.
By the way, the security system is an optional feature of the system. If you don't set it up, you won't know it's there.
Note: If you set up even one security profile (other than for the security officer), then you need to set them up for all of your users. Otherwise, these other users will NOT have access to the system.
TO SET UP SECURITY PROFILES . . . the "security officer" does the following:
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
2. Left-click on Company Setup.
3. Left-click on Security Setup.
4. This will display the Lynx Security Clearance window.
As the security officer", your User Name will be "Security", you have no choice in this. Do not change it.
5. Enter the "Password"
You must call Columbus Systems at 360-943-4165 to get this initial password. Without it you will not be able to proceed further.
6. After you have received the initial "Password" from Columbus Systems, key it in and left-click the button. This will display the Add, Change, Delete Security Profiles window.
7. Before doing anything else, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that the security officer set up a unique "Password" for themselves (do NOT continue to use the one supplied by Columbus Systems).
8. To do this you would left-click in the field and key in your new password. You can use the button to verify you've entered the password in correctly. To save your new password left-click the button.
9. Once that's done, you're ready to add the first security profile. See Add a Security Profile for help on this.
TO SET UP THE SECURITY SYSTEM PREFERENCES. . . the "security officer" does the following:
From the Add, Change, Delete Security Profiles window . . .
1. Left-click the tab located near the top of the window.
2. This will display the Security System Preferences window.
3. Here are the options available to you:
4. Lastly, you can choose what security method you would like to use for login authentication:
Use Employee List. . . will require all users to key in their security profile credentials to have access into Lynx when starting the program.
Use Windows Accounts. . . will have Lynx check to see which Windows Account is being used to run Lynx, and allow/deny access based off that alone. You can link security profiles and windows profiles together from the tab. See Change a Security Profile for help on this.
Here are some of the other Security System help topics available to you: