Here's how you delete existing account files from a customer account. If you're unsure of what account files are, or how to add them please see Adding Account Files.
Deleting account files from Lynx is a quick and easy process that begins with finding the customer account containing the account files you're looking for, here's how:
1. To find the customer, use one of the following methods: Methods of Finding a Customer
2. Regardless of how you get to the account, the detail account screen for that customer will be displayed.
3. Left-click on the tab.
4. This will display the Account Files window for the account.
5. Left-click to select the file you want to delete, you can tell which file is selected because it will be highlighted in blue and have the yellow arrow pointing at it from the left side of the screen.
For an example of a selected account file, click here.
Deleting an account file removes the file from Lynx, however, it does not delete the file from your system. It's important that you verify the location of a file within your system before deleting it from Lynx in case you ever needed to add it back to Lynx or wanted to remove it from your system entirely. Here's how you do this:
1. Right-click on the file you wish to delete.
2. This dropdown menu will appear:
4. This will launch file explorer with the location of the file shown.
6. With the account file selected, left-click the button.
7. Once you're done you can continue deleting files by returning to step 5 above, or left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu