Payment batches are used to enter groups of payments received. Here's how to add a new payment batch.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear
4. Left-click on Add a Payment Batch.
5. This will display the Enter Payments window.
6. The new batch number will be displayed in blue in the lower right part of the window.
7. Make sure all of the information on this window is correct:
Note: This date MUST be a date within the Period selected unless you have this turned off in Invoicing Preferences. However, it is strongly suggested that you leave Date Error Checking turned ON.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that these dates and selections are accurate. Once you start entering transactions into this batch, you will not be able to go back and change them. Review the help on How the System Handles Bookkeeping Dates to be sure you understand how these dates work.
8. If you want to enter payments to this batch at this time, left-click on the tab.
9. Then go to the Enter Payments procedure for help on entering invoices.