Normally, tank rent is perpetual. That is, it continues to be charged as long as the customer continues to use the company owned tank.
However, there may be times when you want to discontinue rent on a tank (maybe it's been sold or destroyed, for instance). The End Rental Date feature allows you to do this. If you select an End Rental Date for a tank, rent will stop being charged when you reach this date.
Note: This is also a good way to handle tank and/or other equipment leases or installment payment plans.
Here's how it works.
1. Find the account with the tank or other piece of equipment you want to assign an End Rental Date to by using one of the following:
2. Regardless of how you get to the account, the detail account screen for that customer will be displayed.
3. Left-click the tab.
4. Left-click the tab.
5. Left-click the button which will display the the Setup Tank Information window.
6. Left-click the tab.
7. Position the cursor in the box and select the end date from the drop-down calendar.
8. When you're done, left-click the button to return to the account window with the TANK(S) tab active..