Once you've entered the information about your company, it's time to enter your customer information.
How much customer data you have to key in will depend on two things: One is how many customers you have. The other is whether or not you're doing an "electronic" conversion from your old computer system. Obviously, if your customer data can be brought across directly to Lynx, the amount you have to key in manually will be significantly less.
In either case, you will now want to go through the list below to get the system ready for use in your business.
Do the following tasks in this sequence . . .
1. Enter your customer data.
Getting all of your customer data into the Lynx system involves one of three different sets of circumstances:
Regardless of the how you entered your customer data, make sure that it is accurate and complete by reviewing each account. Make corrections as necessary (left-click here for help on this).
If you're manually entering your customer and tank information, there are two ways to do it.
1. Enter ALL of your tanks ( to the Yard Account 0) and then as you enter each customer, assign the appropriate tank(s) to the account.
2. Enter the tank(s) for a single account and then immediately enter the customer and assign the tank(s) to that account.
Either one is okay and depends on the organization of your source data and what works best for you.
2. Assign tanks to each account.
In addition, do the following tank-related tasks also:
3. Set up tank rent (left-click here for help on this).