This is the fifth step in the Period-end Billing procedure. This is where you tell the system what date to age receivables through. It's also where the actual processing of statements is done.
Note: Statements are not actually printed in this step . . . that's done in the Print Statements process.
As this job is running, you will also be graphically shown the status and the completion percent so you will always know what's going on.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on Accounts Receivable.
4. Left-click on Period-end Billing
5. This will display the Period-end Billing window.
6. Left-click on the tab to display the Prepare window and then do the following:
7. Go to 1. Age Receivables Through . . . The system will automatically display today's date as the date to age receivables through. If you don't want to use this date, left-click the down arrow and select the date you want to use from the drop-down calendar.
8. Go to 2. Prepare Statements . . . Left-click the button to begin preparing your statements.
Note: The actual printing of the statements is done in the next step in the Print Statements process.
9. While the statements are being prepared, you'll see a series of status messages that tell you what's going on. You will also see a progress bar showing you how fast the job is progressing, like this: