Service invoices can be added to an existing service batch (provided it's still "open") or to a new batch.
Note: The following procedure assumes you are using the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard. This is a much quicker way to enter invoices because it allows for one-handed keying. To activate the keypad, make sure the Num Lock light is lit by pressing the key (if it's not already lit). For more detail on this, see How to Use the Numeric Keypad.
Here's how it's done:
1. If you want to enter service invoices to an existing batch, you start by finding the batch. This can be done in two different ways:
2. If you want to enter service invoices to a new batch use the Add a Service Batch procedure.
3. In either case you will be at the Enter Service Invoices window.
4. Left-click on the tab and then press the key.
5. The cursor will be positioned in the Invoice # box. If you're entering service invoices to an existing batch, the next Invoice # in the batch will be displayed. If it's a new batch, enter the new invoice number.
To speed up the keying (because it will be all numeric), it's a good idea to set the "Find a Customer Default" to "Account #". To do this or to check and see if it's already set this way, left-click the button and then left-click on View Invoicing Preferences from the drop-down menu. Left-click the Account # radio button (if it hasn't already been selected) like this:
After you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Enter Service Invoices window with the Invoice Detail tab window showing.
6. Press the key which will display the Find a Customer window. Key in the account number and press the key.
7. The cursor will be positioned in the text box. Key in the quantity.
8. Press the key which will move the cursor to the box. Key any character in the Price Code box and a drop-down list of products will appear. Left-click the one you want to use and then press the key. The system will automatically inset the proper price, description, extend the total, and apply any taxes appropriate to this transaction. Following this, the cursor will be positioned in the Invoice # box. You're now ready to enter the next invoice by returning to step 5 above.
9. When you're done entering all of the service invoices for this batch, print the batch report by selecting Print Batch Report from the button drop-down list.
10. Then left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.