There are two situations where having batches that have not been posted to the General Ledger are (or could be) a problem:
Here's how to deal with these situations.
If you try to close a period that contains batches that have not been posted, you will get this message:
If you try to run certain General Ledger reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, GL Account Detail Report, or Trial Balance) and choose periods that contain unposted batches, you will get this message:
In either case, here's what to do about it:
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on View Batches that Have Not been Posted.
4. This will display the View Unposted Batches window.
5. Find the unposted batch(es) from this list for the period you're trying to close or print a General Ledger report for.
6. Go to each batch and post it to the General ledger. Use one or more of these procedures to find the appropriate batches to be posted: